Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs, Eric Striffler Photography
- 4 Holland peppers, hollowed out
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound Andouille sausage
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced (green part only)
- Cook the rice, but substitute the water for chicken broth. Let the rice cool completely.
- Cut chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces and sprinkle with Creole seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, and cook chicken until lightly browned.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Increase the heat to high and add the rice. Stir constantly until thoroughly heated.
- Add in the tomatoes and green onions.
- Stuff into the hollowed-out peppers and serve.