Whether you’re hosting a spooky soirée, making goodies for your little goblins, or just want to enjoy some festive snacks, we’ve got you covered. Here are five easy DIY Halloween treats that are not only ghoulishly good but also incredibly fun to make. So, put on your costume, grab your cauldron, and let’s get cooking!
1. Ghost White Chocolate Apples
These adorable ghostly apples are perfect for Halloween parties and make a spooky centerpiece for your treat table.
- Apples (as many as you desire)
- White chocolate chips
- Lollipop sticks
- Mini chocolate chips (for the eyes) OR Chocolate icing / Melted Dark Chocolate
- Wash and dry the apples thoroughly. Insert a lollipop stick into each apple.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip each apple into the melted white chocolate, allowing the excess to drip off. Alternative Method: melt your dark chocolate chips using the same method as above, or use chocolate icing in a piping bag for the eyes and mouth.
- Place two mini chocolate chips as eyes on each apple while the chocolate is still wet.
2. Halloween Cake Push Pops
These cake push pops are a delightful way to enjoy a spooky Halloween dessert on the go.
- Your favorite cake mix (prepare as directed)
- Orange Food Coloring (you can use any color you desire)
- Buttercream frosting
- Plastic push pop containers
- Divide the cake mixture into two batches, coloring only one batch with the food coloring.
- Bake both cakes as per the package instructions and allow it to cool.
- Using a round cutter or the push pop containers, cut out small cake circles.
- Layer the cake circles in the push pop containers with frosting and Halloween decorations between each layer.
- Top with more frosting and spooky decorations.
3. Pumpkin Smoothie
This healthy and tasty pumpkin smoothie is a great way to start your Halloween morning or enjoy a guilt-free treat.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Adjust the sweetness and consistency to your liking by adding more honey or ice cubes if needed.
- Sprinkle Ground Cinnamon on top, insert a festive straw, and enjoy!
4. Black Jelly Apples
These eerie black jelly apples will add a mysterious touch to your Halloween spread.
- Apples (as many as you desire)
- Black gel food coloring
- Blackcurrant jelly or blackberry jam
- Wash and dry the apples thoroughly.
- In a saucepan, heat the blackcurrant jelly or blackberry jam until it becomes a liquid.
- Stir in the black gel food coloring until the mixture turns black.
- Dip each apple into the black jelly, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Place the apples on a tray and let them cool and harden.
5. Blueberry Cocktail
For the grown-ups at your Halloween gathering, this eerie blueberry cocktail is a spooky and refreshing choice.
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz blackberry liqueur
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Fresh blackberries
- Mint leaves for garnish
Fill a cocktail shaker with vodka, blackberry liqueur, lemon juice, and simple syrup.
Add ice to the shaker.
Shake the ingredients vigorously until well chilled.
Strain the cocktail into a glass filled with ice.
Garnish your Blackberry Cocktail with fresh blackberries and mint leaves.
Enjoy these spooktacular Halloween treats made with love at home! Whether you’re crafting ghostly apples or sipping on a sinister cocktail, these DIY delights are sure to bring a smile to the faces of your family and friends. Happy Halloween!