Red Velvet, Berry & Cream Parfaits
by Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs
Fresh berries and fresh whipped cream, make these parfairs a light and elegant dessert.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups fresh blackberries or raspberries
- 8 inch red velvet cake
- Bake a red velvet cake in a 8 inch pan, using your favorite recipe, and let it cool.
- Combine cream cheese, and sugar in a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat on a medium-high speed until creamy.
- Add in the heavy cream and mix on low speed, until the mixture has a pudding-like consistency.
- Line the bottom of your glasses or dessert cups with cake and a layer of cream. Add another layer of cake, followed by another layer of cream, then add in a layer of berries.
- Repeat these layers until you fill your glass or desert cup.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, and garnish each serving with a cookie or pastry of your choice.