Nothing’s more traditional than a New Orleans-style beignet. Celebrity caterer Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs turns this classic French Quarter treat into a warm, baked dessert to celebrate Mardi Gras.
Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs
- 1 box beignet mix
- 4 cups whole milk
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- Make beignets according to the box and set aside.
- Grease a small baking pan and tear the beignets into pieces.
- Scatter the pieces in the pan and make sure all areas are covered.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, coffee and sugar until combined.
- Pour over the beignet pieces and press down to make sure it’s all covered.
- Cover and let sit overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes until set.