Watermelon Sorbet with Rose Wine Recipe – Try making it at Home
This exquisitely simple mashup of the classic frozen cocktail and Rose wine, everyone’s favorite summer sip, doesn’t pack a massive punch, but it is fairly addictive.
Makes 2 quarts
Ingredients For watermelon Sorbet :
4 cups watermelon juice (puree with no seeds) 2 cups Whispering Angel Rosé wine
1 cup granulated sugar
Optional: Mint leaves and
watermelon wedge for garnish
1. Heat up the Rosé wine and sugar in a small pot over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove the pot from the flame as soon as the sugar dissolves.
3. Combine watermelon juice and wine mixture in a mixing bowl.
4. Pop in the fridge and chill for 4-8 hours.
5. Once chilled, pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Garnish and serve.
Pro tip: Looking for ooohs and ahs? Instead of serving Frosé as a frozen cocktail, I like to sweeten it a bit and mix with sweet watermelon and serve it after dinner as a digestif and or dessert. Delish!