In times of uncertainty, we look to our communities more than ever for ideas, insight, and guidance. At PartySlate, we will continue to share inspiring events and beautiful ideas throughout this difficult time, all the while looking forward to rejoining our friends and family to celebrate our life’s milestones — and yours.
Eating delicious cuisine just got a whole lot easier. While parties and milestone events remain postponed, 7 of New York City’s top caterers are offering their exclusive catering menus for pickup or delivery.
At Wafels & Dinges, the team tells us how they are adapting to the ‘new normal’ by offering normally-catered meals to families. Shaivi, Director of Sukhadia Caterers, goes on to say, “The recent situation has pushed us to come up with creative ideas. We are doing all of this by staying safe, keeping our staff safe, and exercising as much caution as possible.” Meanwhile, President Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs also discovered new ways to assist the community with a Stay-At-Home Market offering the finest quality groceries.
Some catering companies are even finding ways to bring their meals to those one front lines. Kayla Castellano, Senior Events Sales Manager of CxRA, tells us how their chefs are busy preparing meals for city healthcare workers. As one nurse says, “I am obsessed with everything you’ve given us . . . Food is so important and I am SO grateful for all of the vegetables and nutrition you are giving us, especially at a time when we’re all trying to stay healthy.”
So whether you put on a cocktail dress for a virtual Zoom dinner party with friends — or don a pair of comfy pajamas for a gourmet-take on the traditional TV dinner — check out these 7 New York catering companies. It’s not every day
that you get to eat like you’re at a Black-Tie event.
Art of Eating Catering
- “The Art of Eating In” catering to-go menu “perfectly suited for two or more people and includes items to stock in your freezer, groceries & other essentials”
- Available for pick up and delivery to your doorstep throughout the Hamptons, Shelter Island, and North Fork
- Additionally, Art of Eating Catering has launched EAThampton — a Socially-Appropriate Drive Through Supper Club — which will take place every Wednesday from 5:30PM to 8:30 PM in Bridgehampton
Click here to order through their online store.
Creative Edge Parties
- Offering family-style meals for home delivery; think biscuit-topped vegetable or chicken pot pies and double fudge brownies, with an optional add-on quiche
- Option to donate meals to NYC doctors and nurses on the frontline
Click here to make order or donate
- Offering weeknight dinner program with delicious dishes such as Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast and Vegan Roasted Vegetable Lasagna, as well as individually prepackaged meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 15,000-square-foot kitchen allows staff to follow recommended guidelines for distancing in the workspace, with all staff retrained on food safety procedures
Click here to order from the weekly menus
Elegant Affairs Catering
- Offers prepared dinners on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays through their Dining Club — with a weekly changing menu of “healthy meals such as French Cut Roasted Chicken, Miso-Glazed Salmon with Rice and Bok Choy and Three Pepper Rubbed USDA Prime Steak with creamed spinach and Crispy smashed potatoes”
- Also offering groceries through their Stay-At-Home Market
Click here to order nightly dinner or groceries for no-contact pick-up or delivery
Marcia Selden Catering & Events
- Offering gourmet-to-go and special holiday menus (hello Cinco de Mayo!) for the New York City area
- This family-run caterer — and their team of world-class, international chefs — are well-prepared to serve your family
Click here to see gourmet-to-go options and email for details on upcoming special menus.
- Offering contactless delivery to Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Hamptons, and Long Island with dishes like mushroom barley soup, salmon nicoise, and short ribs
- All menu items are individually-packed and labeled.
- Place orders by 4PM for delivery next day between 10AM to 6PM. We will contact you to advise of a specified timeframe for your delivery.
Click here to see menus for “At Home with Neuman’s Kitchen”
- Offers three-course meals for two or four with options to add on additional sides and desserts
- Order by 3 p.m. Friday for a Tuesday delivery; order by 3 p.m. Tuesday for a Friday delivery
- With a focus on local and organic ingredients, Nuhma might be just what the doctor ordered for quarantine (and special occasion) fare.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Customers can order homemade meals, as well as premium Indian desserts and snacks, nationwide — with meals shipped on dry ice for guaranteed freshness
- Now offering takeout orders and pickup to local New Jersey customers
Click here to order online and read a message from the CEO on all updated safety precautions
Wafels and Dinges
- All operations now online with options to order nationwide
- Option to donate a box of wafels to healthcare workers on the frontlines across the country with each purchase
Click here to order party boxes and favorite toppings (aka dinges) like Dulche de Leche and Chocolate Fudge