St. Patrick’s Day is always a jolly holiday to celebrate. To inspire you to expand your horizons and try your luck at whipping up gourmet Irish recipes today, here are a few delicious St. Patrick’s Day recipes from celebrity chefs, restaurateurs, and caterers. From decadent drinks to sumptuous desserts, here are some incredible St. Patrick’s Day recipes that you’ll definitely want to devour today.
Prohibition Savannah is a nod to the classic 1920’s speakeasy, featuring craft cocktails and vintage decor, and a menu designed by Executive Chef Greg Garrison. The Savannah Historic District restaurant opened up last year from Irish Restaurateurs James Welsh and Ray Burns. It set the world record for most Irish coffees sold in one day, 2,223, last year as a fundraiser for a local firefighter’s fund. To help you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, here’s their hit St. Patrick’s Day recipe that’s as good as a pot of gold.
St. Patrick’s Day Recipe: “Gran Rosta” Irish Coffee
- Freshly whipped heavy cream, for topping (recipe below)
- Popcorn powder, for topping (recipe below)
- 1 1/4 oz. Teeling Single Grain Irish whiskey
- 1/2 oz. Demerara syrup (2:1 ratio of Demerara sugar to water)
- 4 oz. freshly brewed Sumatra coffee
Instructions for the whipped cream:
Before creating the drink, make whipped cream by pouring one cup of heavy cream (cream must be at least36 percent fat) into a metal bowl or stand mixer. Using either the mixer on medium speed or a hand whisk, whip the cream until it has only slightly thickened and soft peaks have formed, about six to seven minutes (you want the cream to pour easily into the glass). Store the whipped cream in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Instructions for the popcorn powder:
In a blender or food processor, combine one cup of freshly popped salted and buttered popcorn with one cup of maltodextrin (available online or at vitamin stores). Blend until the mixture has the texture of fine sand. (The maltodextrin cuts the fat in the popcorn butter, so the resulting powder is not greasy.) Store in an airtight container.
Instructions for the drink:
Pour the Irish whiskey, Demerara simple syrup, and freshly brewed coffee into a warmed glass Irish coffee mug, leaving about a half-inch of space at the top of the glass for the cream. Pour the freshly whipped cream carefully on top. Sprinkle on popcorn powder to garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
The Shannon Rose Irish Pub is an enjoyable destination in New Jersey for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, boasting a month-long lineup of food and fun including a specialty Foods of Ireland Menu, family-friendly St. Patrick’s Day Party for the littlest leprechauns in the family, Irish whiskey tastings, step dancers, live Irish music and more. Irish or not, most people indulge in Irish classics like corned beef and cabbage and soda bread on St. Patrick’s Day. To help you celebrate the day with something scrumptious, the chefs at The Shannon Rose Irish Pub are sharing one of their favorite St. Patrick’s Day recipes here.
St. Patrick’s Day Recipe: Irish Soda Bread Pudding
- 2 pounds Irish Soda Bread
- 6 eggs
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Cut Irish Soda Bread into 1″ cubes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture over the soda bread and toss.
- Pour the mix into a greased 2-inch hotel pan and let sit overnight.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Turn the oven up to 350 degrees, remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool
South Florida Chef Partner Richard Hales, Chef/Owner of Bird & Bone (located in The Confidante Hotel), Blackbrick Chinese, Sakaya Kitchen, and Dim Ssäm à gogo, has appeared on Food Network’s Drive-ins, Diners and Dives, Guys Grocery Games, Beat Bobby Flay, Americas’s best bite, 24 hour layover with Anthony Bourdain, The great food truck race and more.
Hales has been nominated and awarded Top 50 Restaurant in America, Best Chinese Restaurant, Best Healthful Fast food, Top Food Truck in America, South Beach Wine & Food Festival Best Bite, South Florida Food 50, Chef of the Year and Restaurant of the Year. To inspire you to toast to the luck of the Irish here’s his famed Irish Mojito recipe.
St. Patrick’s Day Recipe: Irish Mojito
- 1 ½ oz Jameson
- Fresh Muddled Lime & Mint
- Splash of Soda
- Midori float
Celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, the Founder & CEO of Elegant Affairs, has been producing custom designed, award-winning New York catered events for more than 20 years, including the likes of Brooke Shields, Mariah Carey, Jimmy Fallon, and Liam Neeson – to name a few!
St. Patrick’s Day Recipe: Baileys Crème Brulee
(Makes 12 tacos)
- 6½ cups whipping cream
- 1 cup Bailey’s
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Warm whipping cream and Bailey’s over a double boiler. In a separate bowl, mix together egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the warm cream mixture to the yolk mixture, stirring constantly. Pour mixture into individual ceramic spoons and put spoons into a 2 inch deep pan. Fill the pan with warm water and cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set in the center. Don’t over-cook, or eggs will curdle. Remove from oven and let cool.
- For the topping, mix equal parts brown and white sugar, then cover the tops of the custards. Cook under the broiler until caramelized.
This next St. Patrick’s Day recipe by Celebrity Chef Serena Poon is a unique healthy twist on the classic holiday favorite. As a Culinary Alchemist and Celebrity Nutrition & Wellness Coach, she has worked with a number of notable clients including A-list actors like Kerry Washington, musicians like Diddy, and tons of NFL + NBA superstar athletes. She says, “St. Patrick’s Day is such a fun and festive day! If you’re bringing snacks to your office party or your kid’s class party, instead of the same cookies that everyone else brings, try this delicious and healthy Avocado Irish Moss Chocolate Pudding instead. It’s filled with heart-healthy fats from avocado, minerals like iodine and calcium from Irish moss, and antioxidants from cacao! Both kids and adults alike will love it.”
St. Patrick’s Day Recipe: Avocado Irish Moss Chocolate Pudding
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- ¼ cup BareOrganics Cacao Powder
- ¼ cup BareOrganics Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 tbsp. BareOrganics Irish Moss Powder
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Place pudding in the refrigerator until chilled, about 30 minutes, before serving. Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh mint.
For more inspiring recipes and ideas, check out the Entertaining section on Inspirations & Celebrations.