Football season is well and truly underway and we are all hooked! Whether you’re supporting at the stadium or having a get together with your friends at home, what better way to enjoy the game than with some tasty, delicious bites.
Celebrity Caterer, Andrea Correale, who founded premier catering service Elegant Affairs serving New York, The Hamptons and Long Island for more than 20 years, exclusively shares with us some definite crowd-pleasing recipes for game day.
Keep reading to find step by step, easy to follow recipes for some delightful snacks.
Sesame Chicken Lollipops with Miso Dipping Sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat – cubed into 2” pieces
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds
- As needed long wooden skewers
- As needed miso dipping sauce
- Sift flour with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder
- Mix together soy sauce, water, vegetable oil and a pinch of sesame oil; stir until smooth
- Fold in chicken until coated with the batter, then cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to a temperature of 375 degrees F
- Drop in the battered chicken pieces and fry until they turn golden brown and float to the top of the oil, 3 to 4 minutes
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- To serve, skewer chicken pieces using long wooden skewers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso, water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and salt
- While whisking, gradually add peanut and sesame oil until you have a creamy dressing
- Serve with White Sesame Chicken Lollipops
Mac & Cheese Cups
*Yields 12 servings
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp-1tsp truffle oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees.
- Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, olive oil and salt.
- Cook the elbows for about 8 minutes, they should still be a little bit firm. Remove from the heat, drain and place in a pan; stir in the butter and egg until pasta is evenly coated.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of sharp Cheddar cheese and stir the remaining Cheddar cheese, parmesan, milk and mozzarella cheese and truffle oil into the pasta. Spoon into the prepared muffin tin.
- Sprinkle the reserved cheese and the bread crumb mixture over the tops.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Skewered Swedish Meatballs
- 3 pounds of chopped meat.
- 1/3rd cup of quick oats
- 1/4th cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1/8th cup of onion powder
- 2 eggs
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and blend well.
- Form meatballs shape.
- Place on grill.
- 6 ounces of beer
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 a cup of brown sugar.
- Blend all the above ingredients in a bowl.
- Use this sauce to baste your meatballs and watch them come alive
Cotija Mexican Corn
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated cotija cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 wedges lime
- Preheat barbecue on high heat
- Grill corn until hot and lightly charred all over, 7 to 10 minutes, depending on the temperature of the grill.
- Roll the ears in melted butter, then spread evenly with mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with cotija cheese and serve with a lime wedge.
Grilled Salmon on a Stick
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large salmon fillet (about 2 lbs.), cut into 8 pieces
- Combine the ingredients below, place in baggies with salmon and marinate 2-4 hours
- Place on stick and garnish with parsley and pineapple chunks
We cannot wait to try some of these quick, easy recipes! You can find Andrea Correale’s catering website at https://elegantaffairscaterers.com/andrea-correale/
Posted via https://bellanyc.com/celebrity-caterer-andrea-correale-shares-some-tasty-recipes-perfect-for-football-match-days/ by Sophie Knight