Serve your friends a pleasant April Fools’ Day surprise with this Dessert Hamburger. From celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, founder and CEO of Elegant Affairs, it’s a humorous prank that’s delicious as well!
What You Need
- 12 brownies, (make or buy your favorite brownies; recipe below) cut into circles using a cookie cutter
- 12 red Jell-O® discs cut into circles using a cookie cutter
- 12 sweet pastry biscuits (see recipe below)
- For Topping white chocolate shavings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup milk
- For Dusting powdered sugar to dust biscuits
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 Using a cookie cutter cut the brownies into circle shapes.
- 2 Prepare Jell-O according to package directions, chill in a shallow pan and once firm cut into round shapes using the same cookie cutter.
- 3 Make sweet biscuits and allow them to pose as the burger buns.
- 4 To assemble: layer the bun with brownie, Jell-O and white chocolate shavings on top.
- 1 In a large bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually stir in milk until a soft dough forms.
- 2 Drop dough by heaping table spoonsful into eight mounds on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 425° F for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, combine cocoa and baking soda; blend 1/3 cup melted butter. Add boiling water; stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chunks.
- 2 Pour into a greased 13×9-inch baking pan. Bake 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool. Yield: 3 dozen