( 2 servings)
- 2 Cornish hens
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
Pre-heat your oven to 350F degrees.
Clean Cornish hens, blot with paper towels to remove excess moisture and add to a Pyrex dish.
Sprinkle the skin with a generous amount of kosher salt and pepper.
In a small to medium-sized high sided non-stick skillet add pomegranate juice, vinegar, and molasses. Gently whisk together and simmer over medium-low heat. Mix it continuously until it’s the consistency of honey. Watch it, it can burn easily.
Add the Hens to the oven and cook for about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and glaze with pomegranate/vinegar/molasses mixture. Add back to the oven, cook for 15 minutes more and glaze once again. Glaze one final time after another 15 minutes.
( 6 servings)
- 6 small apples, washed and cored
- 1-quart cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks, crushed
- 2 pinches ground cloves
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3-4 Tbs Sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Score the apples and place in an ovenproof tray and roast for 60 minutes, or until the skin is soft and starting to split.
- Heat the cider in a saucepan over low heat and add cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Stir well and heat through until the liquid starts to foam.
- Add the lemon slices and roasted apples, and give the liquid a good stir
- Add sugar, – add it gradually and taste as you go along.
- 2 ½ pounds potatoes
- 6 large egg yolks, room temp
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter room temp cut into pieces
- ¼ cup heavy cream room temperature
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup grated romano cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and arrange the racks to divide the oven into thirds. Prepare 2 baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper and set aside.
Wash and peel the potatoes and slice them into 1-inch chunks. Place the potato chunks in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Generously salt the water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer potatoes until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Drain the potatoes in a colander and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash with an electric mixer until smooth. Then mix in the egg yolks, one at a time, with a rubber spatula. Add the butter, cream, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and 1/2 cup of cheese. Stir until well combined.