42-38 Ninth Street
Long Island City, New York
The Foundry is a 19th Century building where originally fine varnishes were manufactured before it housed The Albra Metal Foundry. Their logo is still visible on the corner of the building at 9th Street and 43rd Avenue.
By 1906, it was one of several steel foundries in the Long Island City area that catered to the needs of New York City’s riverfront manufacturers.