As temperatures drop, the best way to stay warm is to grab yourself a blanket, a hot drink, and sit by the fireplace. Andrea Correale, founder and president of Elegant Affairs, has crafted up three cocktail recipes that will be sure to keep you cozy, even on the frostiest days of a New York winter.
Correale’s creative cocktails have received several awards, and they have been served to dozens of celebrities including Mariah Carey, Billy Joel, Jimmy Fallon, and Liam Neeson, to name a few. With her recipes, you can feel like an A-lister in the comfort of your own home.
Below you will find complete recipes and instructions for her three tastiest drinks to make the cold weather more enjoyable.
Spiked Cinnamon Chai Lattes
2 tbs powdered sugar
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon chili powder
3 oz. hot coffee
2 oz. chocolate vodka
1 oz. Kahlua
1 oz. Baileys
Splash of milk
Whipped cream, for serving
1. In your favorite coffee mug, stir together the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and chili powder.
2. Add in the hot coffee, vodka, Kahlua and Baileys and stir until dissolved.
3. Stir in milk.
4. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Cranberry Mulled Wine
1 ½ cups cranberry juice cocktail
1/2 cup sugar
2-4 cinnamon sticks
2-3 pieces of star anise
3-4 cups of any dry red wine
1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1. In a saucepan, combine the cranberry juice cocktail, sugar, cinnamon sticks and star anise.
2. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
3. Add in the wine and cranberries and bring back to a simmer.
4. Serve warm.
Spiked Hazelnut Gingerbread Hot Cocoa (pictured at the top)
2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbs sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 cup milk or cream
3 tablespoons gingerbread syrup
1 tbsp. Frangelico
Whipped cream, (to top)
2 tbsp. Hazelnut spread (to top)
1. In a saucepan, heat milk until hot, do not let boil.
2. Whisk in the cocoa, salt, sugar milk and other ingredients until fully melted and creamy.
3. Top with whipped cream and hazelnut spread.